All reproduction rights reserved, copyright Jan Blencowe 2006. NO images on this website may be reproduced in any manner without express written permission from Jan Blencowe.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Playing with Gouache



I took some time today to get better acquainted with my Yarka Gouache. The chimnea is handled more like an illustration, flat areas of bold color, with black accent lines. If I ever illustrate a book I think I would choose to do it in gouache. This one was done in the moleskine. The Begonias in the pot a are handled more lik a watercolor and were done in my Lama Li watercolor journal which has handmade 100% rag paper. The strawflowers were approached just like I would an oil painting and was done on multi-media board. The gouache is turning out to be very flexible and a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Gorgeous work using gouache and a delightful blog.

Jan Blencowe said...

Hi Mary,

Thanks for visiting, glad you like the blog! I just popped over to your blog you have many lovely things going on there! Goodness 8 cats on the roof! I have a border collie and she's a herder too plus she hates cats LOL.

Jan