All reproduction rights reserved, copyright Jan Blencowe 2006. NO images on this website may be reproduced in any manner without express written permission from Jan Blencowe.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Hammonasset State Park





I bet you thought I'd given up sketching!! NOT! It's just that we've had such rainy, dreary weather for so long I haven't been able to get out and I wasn't motivated to sketch indoors. Today we finally had sunshine and I made the most of it painting and sketching all afternoon. These are all done at a local state park, one of my favoriten places to go. All in the large moleskine, with uniball vision pen and Yarka watercolors. You can check out the painting I did today at Art & Life my plein air blog.





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sketches, Jan.
I just found your blog through freiluftmaler. I look forward to enjoying more.

Jan Blencowe said...

Hi Karen,

Thanks for visiting glad you liked the sketches! Martin over at freiluftmaler does great work doesn't he!! Hope you'll visit here again!!

jan

Penny said...

Jan I have had your blog bookmarked for a while, lovely stuff. I noticed that yu used the Yarka paints and i had asked my son to get some while in USA but he didnt, how do you like them? I know Dick Blick has them but our exchange rate isnt the best, which set did you get? hard to tell colours from their catalog. If you like could you email me at rivingtn@bigpond.com Penny in Victor Harbor South Australia

Gil and Cecile Velez said...

Hi Jan,

Just browsing around and found your sketches inspiring. And freeing my mind, more appreciative of open spaces.

Am a professor of advertising at the Fine Arts Department of UST. Not a visual artist, but being exposed to young minds inside the classroom has helped me appreciate art more everyday.

Keep on creating!
Gil

Anonymous said...

These sketches are absolutely just what I love and I'm subscribing to this blog via Bloglines immediately! I'd only been familiar with your other blog, which is also, of course, spectacular! Yay!!

Jan Blencowe said...

Hi Laura,

Yes this is the other stuff I like to do. Ever since I discovered moleskine's I've become a sketching addict LOL.

Jan

Jan Blencowe said...

Penny,

I got a set of Yarks's with 10 colors in round pans....though I don't think they are making this one any more. They have a new 12 pan set out. I love them, they are semi-moist, with juicy color!

Jan

Jan Blencowe said...

gil & cecile,

Thanks so much for visiting. Glad you like the blog!

Jan