All reproduction rights reserved, copyright Jan Blencowe 2006. NO images on this website may be reproduced in any manner without express written permission from Jan Blencowe.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Gnome



Classic American Kitsch! When I was a kid our neighbors had a meticulously manicured yard and garden that was populated by an entire clan of garden gnomes LOL! My imagination ran wild, it was like a fantasy, fairytale land where anything was possible. I guess I've never lost that, being a big Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Narnia fan as an adult. However, I drew the line when it came to my garden...no gnomes! I do have lots of garden statuary, enough so that sometimes I wonder whether I have a garden with sculpture or a sculpture garden with flowers LOL! Anyway this year I decided what the heck....partly due to that ridiculously funny Travelocity commercial. So one of my kids got me garden gnome for Mother's Day! Well there goes the neighborhood LOL!!

Derwent 2H graphite pencil, aquamonolith colored pencils in the moleskine.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...Your gnome is adorable!!!

Jan Blencowe said...

He's a cute little guy ain't he LOL

Jan