All reproduction rights reserved, copyright Jan Blencowe 2006. NO images on this website may be reproduced in any manner without express written permission from Jan Blencowe.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Fast Away the Old Year Passes......




....fa la la la la, la la la la
Hail the New Year lads and Lasses,
Fa la la la la, la la la la!!

New Years Eve on the marsh, grey and cold with a snowy wintery mix coming down at times. You might wonder why I conside these sketches since they're not drawn with a pen or pencil. Well, the truth is that I begin these with light pen or pencil drawings and wash the watercolor over that, and I don't spend very long on them, just jotting down my initial impressions. All three of these were completed in a little over an hour. So, in my mind they qualify as sketches. And since they are sketches I might use them in the future for larger more finished studio works. Good- bye 2005!!

No comments: